Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mark

Mark is a good Lego builder. He can design Lego ships in his head, then build them into a slightly unstable but big reality. Then he brings them to us and asks us what we think of them. He always has a smug expression on his face when he shows me. Everyone always tells him they are awesome, and that's what they think. But when I tell him they are awesome, I always think about how they are a little too gaudy.


Mark is extremely strange. He is cheery and crazy one second, but suddenly its time for school, and he is so deathly ill, and starving. He can barely drag himself up the stairs. Right now he doesn't what to practice the piano, so he's hitting the keys as hard as possible, as if trying to see how hard he can play before they CRACK!!!


You can often find Mark jumping around the house, singing songs (wrong words) at the top of his lungs, or else flying a ship around, and making gun noises. And when he's not doing that, he's arguing with me, and I'm convinced he goes out of his way to annoy me.


But then there are the precious times when he is playing with me. Me and Mark may fight a lot, but we like to play together. We like to make funny movies on our camera. He loves it when we pretend (I hope) to whack each other with sticks. And the famous "Slo-mo" where we try to kill each other in slow motion.


I love you Mark!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

You and Mark are SO MUCH alike. That's why you argue. And the dramatics? Just like you, Sister!

You are a great writer. I love to read your blog.

I love you.

I'm glad that you were willing to hide me.

But I still have to go to the dentist.