Imagine how powerful I’d be if I could stay invested in something for more than a month at a time.
I don’t know. I’m not like my mom who always knows exactly what she wants and exactly how to get there. I’m more like art history sounds good? Also film? And academia has its appeal but also its drawbacks? Maybe I should be a singer/songwriter? Or an author? Or live in a lighthouse and retire from society? Who knows?
I guess my problem is that I want to do everything but I’m also not that great at anything. Like you know the phrase jack of all trades? I think maybe I’m more of like a seven of all trades. I’m just slightly at/below average at a lot of things, like writing, singing, playing instruments, drawing, analyzing art and films, you name it. Like I don’t think I’m terrible at any of those things but I’m also not fantastic at them either. Like I’m good enough to be invested in them but not good enough to be able to go anywhere with them.
This Just In: Local Girl Feels Despair at Being Somewhat Good at Things
I don’t know. That’s just what I’ve been thinking about a lot. Maybe I just need to get more comfortable with mediocrity.
And figure out what I’m going to do with my life.
Yikes.
2 comments:
Sometimes I read things like you're a seven of all trades (ha!) and I think how did I get so lucky to get such a clever and magical girl. You and words really have a thing going.
I think you are very good at many things, Emma. Like music and writing come to mind. I understand your feelings though. I have never been extremely good at anything. Just a seven of all trades. I like that phrase.
Post a Comment