Thursday, April 15, 2010

Poem

Mom says that this poem that I wrote is creepy. Here is the poem:


No words were said,
. The demon roared,
I narrowly escaped,
. And away I soared

The moon was shining,
. On my smooth black scales
As I swiftly flew away,
. The clouds like gauzy veils

I never cry,
. But that night I shed tears,
To think my friend,
. Had met her fears

Still the demon lurks,
. And waits for its chance,
To strike its next blow,
. For a chance to advance

I yearn for revenge,
. But the sole thing to do,
Is to protect the wearer,
. Of the last Blue Shoes


This poem is from the point of view of a certain character in Blue Shoes. To tell you whose point of view it is from would be giving away a very important part of the story. Only those who know the huge secret can know whose point of view this is from.



You can read the book, it makes it fairly clear what event it depicts. Of course, you may need to think a little bit . . .

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I guess I haven't checked your blog in awhile, but I like your new (at least new to me) look. I like your poem too.