Yesterday I went to an acting class. It was the first day.
Last time I went to an acting class at that place, there were about twenty kids, and I only barely got in.
When we got to the place where we would be having the acting thing, me and Braeden were the only ones there. I thought it was just that the others weren't there yet.
Only one other person was there.
The guy (Drew) who was teaching the class told us that the other kids had dropped out. One girl, he said, broke her arm, and needed surgery.
But we had a good time. The other kid's name was Dean. He insisted we call him Greg. He said his name was Greg, and his "secret" name was Dean, and he was born with that name, or something like that. He was kind of weird. But, who am to accuse him of that?
After we had met each other, and we did some improv stuff, Drew told us he was going to go away for about five minutes,and in that time we would have to come up with our own play. It had to be Goldy Locks and the.....uummmm........Two......Bears.
Braeden was Papa Bear, Greg was Baby Bear, and I was Goldy Locks.We pretended Mama Bear had gone on vacation to Miami.
After he came back we presented it to him. He challenged us to do it in one minute. Can you believe it? We did! Then he told us to do it in thirty seconds! We did! Braeden had the idea to pretend that he and Baby Bear had to pick Mama bear from the airport.
Then we did the play backwards! Drew said that of all the classes he had seen do a play backwards, we were best at it!
At the end of the class we played a fun version of Freeze Tag. Greg and I stood on one side of the room, Braeden and Drew stood on the other. I started a scene with Greg and me being a married couple fighting over our dog. Then Drew said "FREEZE!!" and we froze in our spots.
He took my place and started a different scene.
And so it went on like that.
Now, I can't wait for later today when I can go again.
The downside is, there has to be at least four people in the class to go on. But Mark is joining! We can be the Acting Three!
WE ROCK!!!
5 comments:
I'm glad you had fun!
You are so lucky! I wish I could do an acting class. It sounds really fun. I bet you guys are good at it.
Maybe Mark can be Mama Bear?
Emma,
Your play sounds so fun. I wish we could come to it. Darn tax season.
Emma,
I just had to comment and say Happy Emma Eve. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Post a Comment